LocalView – An Overview
LocalView (formerly WhyWait) is a software startup company launched in Louisville, KY in 2013. After rebranding from WhyWait, LocalView began as a local Groupon-type deal app and transitioned to a local media company. Instead of requiring users to purchase deals ahead of time, users could redeem deals at the location with geo-targeting technology that was built into the app.
LocalView transitioned to a media company that offered digital marketing services and I served as lead marketing strategist on all campaigns. I was responsible for brand management and all marketing initiatives at LocalView. I worked hand-in-hand with the V.P. of Sales to track customer acquisition and improve both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- Created and maintained an editorial calendar focused on local topics.
- Recruited and managed a team of writers to produce digital content across 6 brands.
- Executed the social media strategies across all brands, delivering high levels of operating efficiency and measurable ROI.
- Rebranded Company from WhyWait to LocalView, creating brand guidelines.
- Created a scalable social media strategy to replicate in multiple markets.
- Grew and maintained email subscriber base