Who is Kaitie?
Hello! I appreciate you stopping by, checking out my site and taking the time to get to know me.
So where should I begin?
I am a digital marketer, focused on content and social media marketing strategies to help brands build relationships with their customers. I graduated from Western Kentucky University with a Bachelors in Political Science and Advertising, with a focus on Interactive Design. After graduating I took a permanent role at the startup WhyWait and I have been involved in the startup life and entrepreneurial community in Louisville, Ky ever since.
Really who I am is a cat lover, saved from being a crazy cat lady by my wonderful husband, a writer, a constant reader, a crafty DIY-er and a world traveler.
Louisville is the largest small city you’ll ever visit, and I love it here. The community is more like a town where everyone wants to know where you went to high school, but the business community is ever changing and growing.
Writing is one of my biggest passions, ever since kindergarten when my story won first place in Young Authors, it had actual worms in it. I’ve grown in my writing, finishing a 60-page thesis on the use of Social Media in Political Campaigns, no worms involved. As many writers do, I still have an unfinished novel in a drawer waiting patiently to be finished.
Why Work With Me?
You can read through my portfolio under my homepage, a journey from my days as a graphic design to an editor of a local media site to where I found my groove, in content and social media marketing.
The Business Reasons
- experience launching and developing brands, 3 of them.
- recruited and managed a team of writers to produce digital content generating four million impressions in 60 days.
- planned and implemented successful social media strategy on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- developed and executed content marketing strategies for multiple brands.
- designed and developed multiple websites.
- designed multiple apps.
The Better Reasons
- an advocate. I am passionate about the companies I work for and I put everything I can into them.
- versatile. I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Editing, Web Design and WordPress Development. I’ve done a lot of somethings and a little bit of everything.
- detail oriented. I think about the logistics of everything, mistakes hurt brands and I work to make sure all the “i’s” are dotted to prevent them.
- no stranger to long hours. The startup culture required this. I work as long as I have to to get the job done.
- honest. Communication is incredibly important, I listen first, and then express my opinions to help grow your business.
Keep In Touch
If you’d like to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter at @Kaitielane, or connect with me on LinkedIn.